Monday, April 28

C&P Pilot Problem






I got this table top press in last January without realizing it had this problem.
When I pull down the handle, the ink disc is not turning. The little metal pin behind the disc which is supposed to push the zigzag step and advance to the next one and turn the disc, is not pushing the step further enough to push it to the next step.
Attached is the video and a picture of the problem. If anybody know what the problem might be, please let me know.
Thanks!


2 comments:

12fifteen said...

Hi Jamie,
don't know how to respond on letpress list so I'll respond this way.
I had the same problem with my first press (Kelsey). the metal pin was worn down as yours appears too. I just put some duct tape around the pin which solved the problem.
good luck!
jo

adminFreeCrit said...

I don't know if the pilot is still not moving, but I would suggest going back and forth with a little more force. My pilot doesn't move a great distance but when you really push through it--nothing crazy of course--then it pulls another tooth or so back. Also, as I am sure you know, the ink disc will not turn a ton.

I hope this helps.

_C